Skip to the detail of this vehicle

Showing 101 to 150 of 267 records.

Frazer Nash Colmore

On Display

A true enthusiast’s sports car intended for road and competition use, only around 400 Frazer Nash cars were ever built. Frazer Nash owners became known as the Chain Gang because of the car’s transmission system. A lightweight and mechanically efficient chain-drive system was used that enabled sprockets to be easily changed to give gear ratios suitable for different sporting activities such as hill climbs or speed trials. Model names such as Shelsley, Nurburg and TT Replica reflected famous motor sport events.

Frazer Nash was founded in 1922 by Archie Frazer-Nash of GN cyclecar fame. The company was eventually taken over by HJ Aldington in 1929. Aldington continued building Frazer Nash cars in small numbers (only 32 in 1932) to customers’ individual requirements. From the mid-1930s the company concentrated on importing BMWs from Germany, sold as Frazer Nash-BMWs.

Year1932
CountryBritish
Capacity1,496cc
CylindersIn-line 4
ValvesOverhead
Output50bhp at 4,000rpm
PerformanceApproximately 80mph (dependent on gearing)
Price new£499
ManufacturerFrazer Nash Cars
OwnerNational Motor Museum Trust

 

Site by Surface Impression