Skip to the detail of this vehicle

Showing 51 to 100 of 267 records.

Morris Minor

On Display

The Series MM Minor was part of a range of new cars from the Morris Motor Company that stole the show at the first post-war Earls Court Motor Show in 1948. Designed by Alec Issigonis, the Minor was developed from a prototype, code named the Mosquito, built in 1943. The Minor, and its big brother the MO Oxford, featured unitary construction, rack and pinion steering and torsion bar independent front suspension which contributed to excellent handling characteristics.

Power for the MM Minor came from the pre-war Morris 8 side valve engine, with less than sparkling performance. Following the merger with Austin in 1952, the 803cc A-Series engine became available for a new Series II Minor, with a revised body featuring higher mounted headlights. This was replaced by the 989cc Morris Minor 1000 in 1956.

Year1949
CountryBritish
Capacity919cc
CylindersIn-line 4
ValvesSide
Output27hp @ 4,400rpm
Performance62mph, 0-50mph 24.2 seconds
Price new£359
ManufacturerMorris Motors Ltd
OwnerNational Motor Museum Trust

 

Site by Surface Impression