Skip to the detail of this vehicle

Showing 151 to 200 of 268 records.

Morris Commercial T2 Grocer’s Shop

On Display

Mobile shops were once a common sight in rural areas. This one-ton Morris Commercial chassis was supplied new to Morris dealers Vicarys Ltd of Battle, Sussex. The mobile shop body was built in their own coachworks by coach builder Bill Bridges. It was used by local grocery shop owner Fred Martin on daily rounds until 1944, after which it spent some years as a static store. It currently carries the name of John Breach, the vehicle’s owner from 1969 to 1997.

Production of Morris light commercial vehicles dates back to 1914. In 1924 a new company, Morris Commercial Cars Ltd, was established in newly acquired premises in Birmingham, to build larger commercial vehicles. The T-type one-tonner was the first model. The improved T2 came out in 1931, with four-wheel brakes and coil ignition being added in 1932.

Year1933
CountryBritish
Capacity1,802cc
CylindersIn-line 4
ValvesSide
Output32hp @ 2,500rpm
Maximum speed52mph/83.68kph
Price new£172 (chassis only)
ManufacturerMorris Commercial Cars Ltd
OwnerPrivate Collection

 

Site by Surface Impression