Showing 251 to 259 of 259 records.
Developed in 1938–39 to meet military specification, the 3TW never went into service because the first 50 machines were destroyed during the devastating aerial raid on Coventry in November 1940. Military requirements had changed when Triumph's new factory, at Meriden, opened in May 1942.
The 3TW, however, is a fine example of a lightweight machine (264lb) with a nippy performance for road and cross-country work. It was also the first British motorcycle to be equipped with an alternator.
|Price new||Not marketed|
|Manufacturer||Triumph Engineering Co. Ltd|
Site by Surface Impression