Skip to the detail of this vehicle

Showing 51 to 100 of 256 records.

Austin A40 Farina

Not on Display - In Museum Workshop

The British Motor Corporation introduced the compact Austin A40 in 1958. It was the first BMC car to be styled by Farina of Italy. The ‘’Countryman’’’ version with split tailgate followed in 1959 whilst the MKII with revised grille and larger engine became available in 1961. Production ended in 1967, with over 300,000 having been built.

Affectionately known as ‘’Tubby’’, this 1966 car had one owner from new and covered 83,000 miles before coming to the National Motor Museum in 2001.

Year1966
CountryBritish
Capacity1,98cc
Cylinders4
ValvesOverhead
Output48bhp at 5,100rpm
Maximum speed78mph/125.52kph
Price new£567
ManufacturerAustin Motor Co. Ltd

 

Site by Surface Impression