Skip to the detail of this vehicle

Showing 151 to 200 of 267 records.

Phoenix 2hp

Not on Display - In Reserve Collection

Phoenix was one of a number of early British motorcycle manufacturers that used imported engines, in this case a Belgian made Minerva. The company offered a choice of belt drive or chain drive with two speed gear as seen on this 2hp model which was described in the 1904 catalogue as a ‘powerful touring machine’.

Belgian born racing cyclist and motorcyclist J Van Hooydonk started making motorcycles under the Phoenix name in 1900, setting up the Phoenix Motor Co. in 1903. A range of motorcycles and tricycles was offered along with a forecar attachment marketed as the ‘Trimo’. The last motorcycle was produced in 1908 although Phoenix continued building cars until 1926.

Year1904
CountryBritish
Capacity345cc
Cylinders1
Valvesside
Performance30mph
Price new£42
ManufacturerPhoenix Motors Ltd
OwnerNational Motor Museum Trust

 

Site by Surface Impression