Skip to the detail of this vehicle

Showing 101 to 150 of 253 records.

Morris Mobile Grocery Shop

On Display

Morris made commercial vehicles in small numbers from 1914, though ten years passed before introduction of the popular Morris Cowley-derived 8cwt van. 1924 also saw the launch of the T-Type one-tonner, when Morris Commercial Cars Ltd was established.

The chassis of this T2 one-tonner was supplied to Vicarys Morris franchise in Battle, East Sussex, in 1933 and fitted out by coachbuilder Bill Bridges. Local grocery shop owner Fred Martin took delivery of his new mobile shop and used it on daily rounds until 1944. The current livery bears the name of John Breach, owner from 1969 until 1997, who collected most of the items displayed inside.

Year1933
CountryBritish
Capacity1,802cc
CylindersIn-line 4
ValvesSide
Output32hp @ 2,500rpm
Maximum speed45mph/72.42kph
Price new(chassis only) £172
ManufacturerMorris Commercial Cars Ltd

 

Site by Surface Impression