Skip to the detail of this vehicle

Showing 151 to 200 of 257 records.

Triumph 3TW

On Display

Developed in 1938–39 to meet military specification, the 3TW never went into service because the first 50 machines were destroyed during the devastating aerial raid on Coventry in November 1940. Military requirements had changed when Triumph's new factory, at Meriden, opened in May 1942.

The 3TW, however, is a fine example of a lightweight machine (264lb) with a nippy performance for road and cross-country work. It was also the first British motorcycle to be equipped with an alternator.

Year1940
CountryBritish
Capacity349cc
Cylinders2
Maximum speed70mph/112.65kph
Price newNot marketed
ManufacturerTriumph Engineering Co. Ltd

 

Site by Surface Impression