This striking trophy features the Greek god of the countryside, Pan, and was the top prize at The Caravan Club British Caravan Road Rally events. Awarded from the very first competition in 1954, the trophy was presented by The Caravan magazine to the competitor with the highest overall score.
Made in 1953 by London-based silversmiths Edward Barnard & Sons Ltd., the trophy originally had only one wooden tier to the base and has been added to over the years.
Following the Road Rallies the trophy was disused until 1989 when it was re-awarded at other Club driving proficiency events.
This silver bowl was first awarded at the second Road Rally event in 1955. It was presented by the National Caravan Council to the best amateur or trade finisher which was not the overall trophy winner.
First presented by the Esso Petroleum Company at the 1956 Road Rally competition, this trophy was awarded to the best team of three competitors. The entrants were required to compete with caravans or cars of the same make, or they had to belong to a private or caravan trade organisation approved by the organisers.
From 1960 this trophy was presented by Mrs Hollingbery in memorial of her late husband George, Chairman of the Club from 1951 to 1957. This prize was given to the competitor who had received the least number of penalty points, but who had not won either The Caravan Trophy or the National Caravan Council Cup.
This award was presented annually to the overall winner of the Concours d'Elegance section of the Road Rally event. It was first awarded by the Brighton Corporation in 1958, but it is not known how the trophy was used for the nine years after its production in Birmingham in 1949.
Introduced in 1963, this trophy was awarded to the family entrant with the highest number of marks in the Rally. The co-driver could be the husband, wife, son, daughter, brother, sister, parent, grandparent or grandchild of the driver.
The cup was presented in the memory of Admiral Sir Noel Laurence who had served as Caravan Club Chairman from 1946 to 1951.
The Ladies' prize was introduced in 1956 and awarded to the all-woman crew with the highest total marks. The award was eventually sponsored by Electrolux and the name of the prize changed to the Electrolux Ladies' Trophy.
First presented by the National Benzole Company in 1965 when it was won by Mr E.W. Barrett, this trophy was awarded to the competitor with the best overall performance in the Test section of the Road Rally event.
In 1962 this award was first presented by Mr Jim Hennessy. The award championed innovation and was given to the best prototype or specially designed caravan which had been entered by a trade manufacturer.
Donald Chidson, Secretary of The Caravan Club, first awarded this trophy in 1961 to the Club Centre with the highest total marks. Caravan Club Centres are groups of Club members from local areas who organise their own social gatherings and rallies.
First presented in 1973, this award was sponsored by the UK's biggest caravan manufacturer at the time, Caravans International. This trophy was awarded annually to the best performance by a foreign entry.
The Novice Award was given to the competitor who incurred the fewest penalty points of those competing for the first time, yet had not been successful in winning any of the previously mentioned trophies.
Site by Surface Impression