What’s this about?
A new law has been made to keep your information safe, things like your address, date of birth and phone number. The Museum and other people collect and use information for all kinds of reasons and this new law tells them what they are allowed to do with your information.
It is our job to tell you how collect this information and how we record it and how we use it.
In this notice you will see some different names that you may not have come across before, like:
Data Controller: this person is in charge of the information we collect.
Data Processor: This person who works with the information for the data controller
Personal Data: This means any information that can be used to find out things about you like; your name, your address or your date of birth.
What information do we collect?
The types of information we collect about you include the following:
Your personal information:
This is the information that you gave to us when you or your parents filled in the forms to become a member. This would include your name and your date of birth.
Your contact information:
This would be your address, telephone number and email address from the application form or any new details you might have given us after filling in the application form like your new address if you moved house or a new email address.
Your payment details:
This would be the information that was given to us about how you were going to pay your subscriptions each year. It could include bank account or payment card details as well as whether you have paid your subscriptions for the year.
Your attendance information:
This will include a record of which events that you have been to as a Friend of the Motor Museum and the times you came to the museum or any of the other Beaulieu attractions.
Where do we get this information?
We can collect your personal information from you in different ways including:
- When you fill in your application form to be a Friend of the Motor Museum
- When you visit the Beaulieu website
- When we get a letter, email of phone call from you or your parent or guardian about your membership.
- When you come to any of the Beaulieu attractions or come to any of the events at Beaulieu.
- When you sign up to receive our newsletters or advertising.
- When you enter one of our competitions
- When your picture is taken by one of our CCTV cameras.
How do we use your information?
We will use your information so that we can:
- Give you all the benefits of being a Friend of the National Motor Museum like:
- free entry to the museum, house and gardens,
- free entry into our motoring events ,
- quick entry at the Autojumble so you don’t have to join the queues,
- copies of the “Friends” newsletter and bulletin,
- money off the prices in our shop and
- reduced price tickets to the “Friends” evenings.
- Check that your Friends subscription is paid up to date
- Post you any tickets you buy from us and to contact you with information about any events that you are going to come to.
- Let you know if you have won any of the competitions you have entered.
- Answer any letters, messages or questions you may have asked.
We will only send you adverts if you have given us your consent an if you want us to stop sending you letters and messages let us know by sending a message to email@example.com at any time.
How long will we keep your information?
We won’t keep it forever, only for as long as we need it to help us do the things we need it for. We have a policy that tells us when to keep your information and when to bin it.
How do we keep your information safe?
We use up-to-date security measures to help keep your information safe and to protect it from being lost, changed or being used by people who are not allowed to use it.
Will your information be shared?
We won’t share your information with anyone else without your permission unless:
- the law says we can or should or
- we need to share the information so that we can give you all the benefits of being a Friend of the Motor Museum. Anyone we share the data with will be careful selected and will:
|Who we share details with||Why we share it with them|
|Beaulieu Enterprises Limited||Providing and managing IT systems and data, administrative services, marketing & museum security|
|The Access Group||Managing the subscription software|
|Surface Impression||Supporting the website|
|Taylor Made Computer Solutions||Supporting the IT systems|
|CPIO||Managing the accounts software|
|Profile productions||Providing support for the Friends evenings|
|Leiths at Beaulieu||Providing food and drinks|
|The Alarming Company Limited||Managing CCTV and security|
What are your rights?
You (and if you are under 13 years old, your parents) have the right to:
- Be told how we use your information
- Ask to see the information we hold
- Ask us to change information you think is wrong
- Ask us to remove information when it’s not needed anymore
- Ask us to only use your information in certain ways
- Tell us you don’t want information to be processed.
You can tell us any time to stop collecting information about you so long as it is information that you are able to choose not to give.
If you’re worried about how we get or use your information, you can get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will help answer questions you may have.
If you want to speak to someone outside Beaulieu or the Motor Museum, you can call people who look after information, called the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on 0303 123 1113 or visit www.ico.org.uk/concerns
Things to remember:
Now you have read through this notice, we hope you understand that:
- The law allows us to get and use your information to help us to do our job and to give you the benefits of being a “Friend” of the Motor Museum.
- We may share your information with other, but only when we really need to.
- We will ask for your permission to share your information whenever you have a choice (Sometimes we have no choice)
- You can tell us not to share your information, even if you have said yes before.
Who are we?
The policy set out above is issued by The National Motor Museum Trust Limited, referred to as “The Trust”. Company No. 5316070. Registered Charity No. 1107656. Registered Office: The National Motor Museum Trust Limited, Beaulieu, Hampshire, SO42 7ZN.
We have notified the Information Commissioner’s Office of our data processing activities and our registered number is Z7132434.
For the purposes of the GDPR, the data controller is NMMT and our data protection representative can be contacted directly at email@example.com or through the IT Operations Manager, John Montagu Building, Beaulieu, Hampshire. SO42 7ZN.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We keep our data protection notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated in March 2021. We may revise this policy at any time.